• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those going to CCA Ofest, or familiar with Watkins Glen

a bunch of us midwesterners are looking for local input for lodging since the new Harbor hotel is sold out. We are considering the Corning Radisson, the Horseheads Hilton, a house rental in Watkins Glen, and are open to suggestions. This group is known to frequent brewpubs, and all 3 towns have one. We would like the rooms to be walking distance from the brewpub, and would like the pub to be an interesting one (most are).

We also would like to be near other 02ers.

Thanks for your input!

Dave and friends

Another option to consider is the Falls Motel in Montour Falls, probably the closest place to the track. It's just down the hill from the track, the rooms are not bad and they have a nice pub next door.

http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

Watkins Glens the town is only 5 mins away, the track 3. I been racing at the Glen for many years, and this is my first choice and that of a lot of other racers.

- Cris 70 Euro 02 - resto pages

Alpine Motorsports

http://alpinemotorsports.blogspot.com/

Dave, if yall can get a place near the track like Cris is suggestoing it'd be ideal. We stayed at the Corning (Horseheads) Hilton for the Vintage Grand Prix / BMW Tour de Marque last year. It was nice and convenient to the main highways but way too far from the track IMO.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Corning has the advantage of being a "business" town. You may get a weekend rate as they tend to cater to the Corning Glass Works.

We stayed at the Raddison there in Corning a couple of years ago. Decent place at a decent price. The hot tub had a "turbo" mode which pulsated so much it made conversation difficult. It was fun to watch people get in and unknowingly select that mode.

The brewpub was good. Plenty of main street shops to browse as well. The Corning glass museum was interesting as well. Worth it to pay the few bucks and go make your own glass creation.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Used to live in the Corning area, now I'm further north in Syracuse:

Both Corning and Horseheads are about the same distance from the Glen (20-25 minutes or so). The Radisson in Corning is easy walking from all the shops, restaurants and pubs in Corning, and an easy ride up Rt 414 from the Glen. I don't remember the Horseheads location specifically, but Horseheads isn't quite as tourist-friendly if you're walking. Of the two I'd opt for Corning.

Renting a house near downtown Watkins Glen might be the best option, because you'll be closer to stuff happening at O'fest.

The Seneca Lodge is the place closest to the track, on the hill above town. Probably sold out by now, and some of the cottages are, um, "rustic", but you should visit the bar - much history there. Not really walking distance from the other places in town, though. Well, it's walkable, but could be a long haul up a narrow road with no sidewalks if you've been sampling brews.

-Karl

'73 '02