bingbong

Photo, FINALLY!

18 posts / 3057 viewsLast Reply

Well over the past two weeks of driving the car I have come across many things that still need to be fixed and have got about half an A4 page of things that need to be done!

Here is the ONE photo I have of it on the road, Its being raining like crazy here in australia and whenever its not raining I dont have petrol! Hopefully I will be able to get some good photo's in the next couple of weeks.

dsc00262rb5.jpg

Very cute Tom. Good luck with him, and make sure you keep that list handy. I had one once, but then, well... I started to take things as they came.

Looks like your car's name might be Bev. GooOOooo Bevy!!!

thanks all, I've actually already misplaced the list but theres a copy in my head!

The list in my head kept on leaving things off and grossly underestimating the cost of everything.... be careful of that list ;-P

I don't really think of prices unless I'm absolutely sure. But one very good price I have gotten recently, $650 for a 5spd box! gotta suss it out though

I don't really think of prices unless I'm absolutely sure. But one very good price I have gotten recently, $650 for a 5spd box! gotta suss it out though

$650 for a 245/5?... i'd shop around a bit more mate (unless it uncludes shortend shift plate, linkage and a 5 speed bracket and good clutch & flywheel). Both me and Shaun picked ours up for 100 bucks each.

100 BUCKS WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT!!! I was quoted 1500 for one a few weeks ago! so 650 was great in my mind, now 100! GEZZ who else wants to rip me off!

100 BUCKS WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT!!! I was quoted 1500 for one a few weeks ago! so 650 was great in my mind, now 100! GEZZ who else wants to rip me off!

I found Shauns for him too and just passed on the info to him - That one was from Windy on ECCA. I found mine through the BMWCCV Yahoo group. The good deals are around mate, just shop around and watch everything - ebay, ecca, tradingpost, etc.

Tom

who else wants to rip me off!

Me. I'm stealing your car and shall be using it until Karl gets back from the beaters...

PS. I am also ripping your picture off and allowing Karl to add it to his facebook profile.

GEZZ who else wants to rip me off!

I'll gladly rip you off. I have a 5 speed, shortened shift plate with new bushes, shortened shift linkage, and I might even have a clutch for it. thing is its in Brisbane.

Perfect - get this bing bong!

hey do you guys think it's be worth breaking the 'for sale' section of this site down to regions?

like north america, south america, australia etc?

Think there would be enough activity in the sub forums to justify it?

Cos I know you guys probably don't even bother with the classifieds since most of the stuff is about a billion freaking miles from where you live.

Just a thought

-zachary

sweet job btw bingbong.. looks like a nice one!

hey do you guys think it's be worth breaking the 'for sale' section of this site down to regions?

like north america, south america, australia etc?

Think there would be enough activity in the sub forums to justify it?

Cos I know you guys probably don't even bother with the classifieds since most of the stuff is about a billion freaking miles from where you live.

Just a thought

-zachary

sweet job btw bingbong.. looks like a nice one!

Interesting thought Z - I still look at the classifieds regardless but your right, most of it is out of reach.

Maybe you could have a region specific area like you suggested ie. Australia but not entirely devoted to things for sale. It could be for anything Australia specific, and then a thread stickied on that forum like "Parts for Sale - Australia" and then all Oz specific parts for sale can be posted in that one thread. Ive seen this work on VWVortex and they just re-sticky a new thread every quarter.

We are in the process of getting up an Oz 02 Register website and it would be fantastic if we could direct traffic to an Australian section of this forum and obviously from there, general discussion etc. Maybe something best discussed over email...? There are some very knowledgable blokes down here that i know check out the forum from time to time but because its so American based, dont really stick around or post. This might be a way to solve the problem..?

Id be more than happy to help out moderating it etc.

Great idea Z, I'd love a place to go for Aussie parts for sale and wanted.

It would also help us get coordinated to do some group buys etc.

Btw, Bingbong, $650 is not the worst I've heard, but certainly not the cheapest...