• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Turbo manifold

Guest Anonymous

Holy Carp!

I'll bet it weighs #40. "will last a lifetime" indeed...

I made something like that for my Volvo B20,

but with an all- iron engine and pushrods,

it seemed fitting...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Guest Anonymous
Holy Carp!

I'll bet it weighs #40. "will last a lifetime" indeed...

I made something like that for my Volvo B20,

but with an all- iron engine and pushrods,

it seemed fitting...

t

It weighs 16lbs.

I want one. Hmm what should I run with a stage II korman motor with a 292mm cam and 318i fuel injection setup?

74' malaga automatic 2002, ST 22mm & 19mm sways, Bilstein HD H&R Racing Springs, 40/40 weber, Petronix ignition, 320i Radiator, urethane, Ireland big brake for front and rear, Kevlar race pads.

That's beefy looking!

Are you able to do one for a T25 flange for one of these and ship to New Zealand:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_466541_4.htm

(its the factory ball bearing turbo from a Nissan SR20 engine - it's not particularly big)

For longevity I'd be keen on Sch. 40 and coated rather than stainless (can get it coated here), and its for a RHD 2002. Fitting a downpipe will suck coz of the steering box...

2002tii race car

That's beefy looking!

Are you able to do one for a T25 flange for one of these and ship to New Zealand:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_466541_4.htm

(its the factory ball bearing turbo from a Nissan SR20 engine - it's not particularly big)

For longevity I'd be keen on Sch. 40 and coated rather than stainless (can get it coated here), and its for a RHD 2002. Fitting a downpipe will suck coz of the steering box...

Gday Cam,

Just interested in your reasoning behind using the GT2560R over say the GT2860RS "Disco Potato"? Price?

Cheers,

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Gday Cam,

Just interested in your reasoning behind using the GT2560R over say the GT2860RS "Disco Potato"? Price?

Totally down to price - I can't remember the exact price I paid for the Silvia turbo (I bought it 6 months plus ago), but pretty sure it was US$300-350 for a 80k km old, genuine Garrett ball bearing turbo that I had checked by a turbo reconditioner (and it was fine). I feel better about this turbo than getting a cheap Chinese one off Ebay. I will run it with watercooling.

I am going to give this a go as a "proof of concept" - if it works out and I need a bigger turbo I can buy one (eg the Disco Potato) and sell this to someone with an S14. As a side benefit it should spool up very quickly.

On a Silvia these are ok to 200rwhp and 1 bar, so should be fine for me initially (I'd be happy with 200 crank hp which I reckon is a fair guess on standard wastegate's 10-11psi).

The main concern for me is that I want to use this for circuit racing, so it will get run hard for extended periods (15-20 mins), and I want to check that the car can hold itself together at low boost before going for the sky...

2002tii race car