• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Wrong?

SeanH

So I'm putting my brake booster back into the car and am running into a problem.

Photobucket

These two are supposed to connect, no? However, they are on opposite sides of the steering column and a good four to five inches apart diagnolly.

It's been years since I took this thing out, I can't remember what it was like at the time. Any advice?

There is a sleeve on that big bolt that has two bell cranks welded to it. One attaches to the booster and the other to the brake rod. This thing falls down (rotates) and is hard to see from that point.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

It shouldn't be upside down. I checked that the hose extruding from the outside of the booster is supposed to facing the engine. I believe that's correct.

However, I seem to suffer from idiocy. I'm just not getting this. From the look of the fuzzy repair manual pictures it looks like the attachment from the booster fits to the brake light switch and not the rod attached to the brake pedal. But that just doesn't seem right.

Also, I appreciate your reply above, but I don't see how this thing rotates down. I'm sure this seems overly simple to many of you.

If anyone has the time to explain this like they would to a child it would be much appreciated.

Now I get it! I'm missing a piece. The large bolt doesn't have the two bell cranks needed to attach the booster to the break rod. Might be time to go to a junk yard.

Does mobile tradition sell this?

Thanks guys.