• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Re-upholstering Kit from World Upholstery or others ?

ChuckinNC

I need a winter project and would like to repair the front seat of my 1973.

As usual, the passenger side looks great, but the driver side is shot. I see that World Upholstery sells a kit. Has anyone installed this kit, and how well did it match the original ? Other options or suggestions are welcome, but I want to keep the interior original.

Thanks

Chuck in NC

Chuck in NC

material--just the vinyl used in squarelights, which is quite different from the earlier cars in both color and texture (not to mention quality.)

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I bought a kit recently and thought it to be pretty heavy duty and nice. My upholsterer pointed out that the pattern and seams were stamped. This would result in laying flat as opposed to the raised tuck look that I found in sales brochures for the 75 2002. I sent the kit back and just ordered material only and had them custom sewn to get the original look. I'm not sure about the kit for a 73. Price was about 200.00 more for the custom job but I am happier with it.

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

My upholsterer pointed out that the pattern and seams were stamped. This would result in laying flat as opposed to the raised tuck look
had you actually installed one, you'd see that the additional padding used between each "stamping" is so it won't take on the appearance of laying flat...

properly installed, i see no difference in the repro's and the original....how long the heat seams will hold up is an unknown as these are my 1st...my guess is it's just as durable