• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAV Alpina knock off wheels anyone running them??

wsb-unclebill

Hello again, I found a deal on a brand new set of BAV knock off Alpina's on Craig's list that I couldn't pass up. Wheels look great but the front wheels rub when I'm in a hard corner. Anyone else had this problem??

My car is a 73 tii with the stock suspension. I've heard about problems with these wheels on lowered cars but not stock cars.

I don't think rolling the fenders would help that much. Could it be that my struts are just old and sloopy?? Any thoughts.

Finally, I might be unloading the wheels and tires...anyone interested??

thanks again.

1973 2002tii

1991 325iX

1988 m3

Hey Jeff,

If it is just rubbing on hard corners rolling the fenders might just do the trick. Usually by looking at the tires you can see how far down the wall it is rubbing. IIRC the fronts are heck of a lot easier to roll than the rears.

I still have my Louisville from when I did mine. Even has some Verona paint to match your car. Let me know if you want me to come over and take a look.

Mike

320i wheels . . .

Part number: AL15X613MM

If that 13mm is the offset.

I think that is correct, don't believe they made a 15" wheel for '02's, the original 15" Alpina 4-lug was a 320i wheel

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

Mike,

I'll definitely take you up on your offer to look at my car. Laurie and I are leaving town for the weekend so I'll get in touch with you after the holiday. Hope things are good.

Everyone else thanks for the advice....if things don't work out I'll make a post in the "parts for sale" section.

jeff D

1973 2002tii

1991 325iX

1988 m3