• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Dimensions - Head / Leg Room

bstoots

Hello gents,

I am considering a 2002 for my next secondary vehicle but I don't know if I will fit in one or be comfortable driving one. I am 6'5". How does the 2002 compare to say an E28 or E30? How is the head room and leg room in an '02? Are there any gains to be had by using after market seats / seat brackets? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Brian

Edited by bstoots

There is a pdf on page 21 of the 1974 European brochure at www.my2002tii.com.

Look in the reference section.

I owned both an E30 and an E36 -- If you fit into either of them, a 2002 should be roomier.

I have aftermarket seats in my cars, Scheels in my '73tii and Recaros in my '74tii -- the Recaros are a bit lower and there is even more headroom than my '73tii.

Happy Hunting!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Hello gents,

I am considering a 2002 for my next secondary vehicle but I don't know if I will fit in one or be comfortable driving one. I am 6'5". How does the 2002 compare to say an E28 or E30? How is the head room and leg room in an '02? Are there any gains to be had by using after market seats / seat brackets? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Brian

These pics may help.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17