• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys and gals, I just got into the 02 cult in August & I've been running around on the forms for a couple of months and met a few of you picking up parts (Thanks to Scottie Sharp for the 5 speed and the basketweaves & Sherman for the flasher relay), so I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of the car. She's a 73 mostly original as far as I can tell. Runs great but leeks oil, and the suspension is soft, but everything works. PO put a 32/36 webber in her and a starter out of a 320.

Plans are to find another m10 and rebuild it with piano tops and Ireland Engineering sport ground cam with a 38/38, to drop in with the 5 speed trans. Then on to the suspension, pull the subframe powder as much as i can, new urethane bushings all around with Bistein sports and IE sage 1 springs, Disks brakes front and rear. Right now I'm just trying to get the mechanics in shape to make for a reliable daily driver, then in the next two years strip it down and take it to the body shop for work and a fresh coat of paint.

So here's the pics right after I gave her a bath today. Let me know what you think, and thanks to everyone that helped me with newbe questions. This is a great bunch of people.

Aaron

post-3839-13667583358871_thumb.jpg

post-3839-13667583360208_thumb.jpg

post-3839-13667583361429_thumb.jpg

Starting on an obsession

'73 2002 Chamonix Daily Driver

'74 2002 (Future Partout?)

'71 Datsun 521 pickup

Photobucket

Your car looks very nice. reminds me of the cars I fell in love with as a kid at the local bavarian dealer. The lack of headrest on the front seats make the car seem older, I guess I'm thinking "retro". If you mount the 15's Keep the wheels and the wheel covers, it's always handy to change the look of your car now and then.

Nice car. My 1969 was purchased in Sacramento from the original owner and driven home to Minnesota. Are the seats original? A 1973 should have head rests, unless they were removed.

Depending upon your desires, I have heard good things about Bilstein HD shocks with either all new OEM bushings or maybe urethane.

cmp

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys or the comments.

Ya it came with the headrests but i pulled them off to put the seat covers on and left them off, because i loved the idea of no blind spots. I have them in the closet and will put them back on after the interior is done.

Just got the engine this week for the rebuild. I'm starting with the engine first to get the 5 speed in and make sure it's a really reliable daily driver. Brakes and suspension will be next (I didn't want my leaky engine to dirty the new suspension or blow all my money on the brakes and suspension and then have something go wrong on the engine, as this is my only transportation to work) I might be doing this a little backwards but it makes sense to me.

Starting on an obsession

'73 2002 Chamonix Daily Driver

'74 2002 (Future Partout?)

'71 Datsun 521 pickup

Photobucket