• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RHD Vs. LHD pedal dampener

felix_666

Is there a difference? I know its hard for anyone to really know (who owns a LHD and RHD 02?). I have checked realoem.com but it seems the same.

i want to buy something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150171050244&rd=1

cheers

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

RHD pedals dont come up from the floor like a LHD. They are (from pictures ive seen) wider apart than LHD pedals.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Will,

As Oz cars have the top articulated pedals, we didnt get anything like that, just the big wads of moulded insulation stuff. If you want something a little bit better than stock or carpet underlay, maybe try the stuff BLUNT used? Pretty much like Dynamat minus the price IIRC.

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

yer dont you all agree our pedals are much better

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

mmm this would be true. both brake and clutch share some of the components which makes it a little bit easier but still.

I'm just stoked at how many oz 02ers there are on here.

Off topic, but i sold some seats for a nice little profit and have bought myself a present, i don't want to jinx myself so ill wait until it arrives.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

yeah our pedal box is a lot different to the LHD version, the LHD pedal box i believe mounts close to the floor, whereas ours sites quite high up under the dash. as far as i know, and has already been pointed out, there was never a specific insulation piece made for RHD pedal boxes, only the insulation (which i happened to break in half the other day, grrr!)

also off topic, with the number of 02's floating around australia, i think 2008 is the year for a big get-together, what do you guys reckon?? perhaps 20th feb, that is, 20,02.

Brent May - Swinburne Uni

1974 2002 Resto:

IE 10.5:1 Pistons, IE header, IE urethane bits, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Whiteline Swaybars, 45DCOE Webers, 304 cam..

16082007263.jpg

yeah our pedal box is a lot different to the LHD version, the LHD pedal box i believe mounts close to the floor, whereas ours sites quite high up under the dash. as far as i know, and has already been pointed out, there was never a specific insulation piece made for RHD pedal boxes, only the insulation (which i happened to break in half the other day, grrr!)

also off topic, with the number of 02's floating around australia, i think 2008 is the year for a big get-together, what do you guys reckon?? perhaps 20th feb, that is, 20,02.

Hey Brent,

Myself and Todd (TMK-001) have organised a few drives now through the 02 Register which have been great fun. Im not planning on organising another till the new year as it tends to get a bit busy for people but i like your Feb 02 idea. The labor day weekend is also a date im keen on. We had 16/17 2002's there last year in dampish conditions.

If you not currently on the Register, shoot me off an email and ill get Doug Read to put you on so you get any emails relating to 02's in Victoria!

Cheers,

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

mmm this would be true. both brake and clutch share some of the components which makes it a little bit easier but still.

The auto pedal assembly doesn't have the welded on support bracket for the clutch pedal, so you have to change it. The biggest issue is that the steering column runs between the clutch and brake pedalsa,d has to be dealt with.

But the ends justify the means. Its just that reaching the end can take a while.....

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"

The auto pedal assembly doesn't have the welded on support bracket for the clutch pedal, so you have to change it. The biggest issue is that the steering column runs between the clutch and brake pedalsa,d has to be dealt with.

But the ends justify the means. Its just that reaching the end can take a while.....

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"