• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EFI Startup Success!

JohnC

What did you use for input in MS II? Did you use somebody else's starting point or design from the ground up?

I started from scratch, which is OK to get it started, but I can see that there's some serious shortcomings. I got finkbuilt's who got his from Tim? I've only glanced at it, I think the VE tables are quite different. I've still got some work to do, but I don't think it will be too difficult to get it sorted.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Congratulations John.....looking Real nice!

Thanks Tom, I should mention that I've got some of your good stuff - Throttle body adapter, distributor plug and fuel pump block off. Beautiful stuff and great service!!!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

John,

Quick question: How does your throttle body linksage work with your gas pedal?

Here's a couple more pics of the throttle set up. Basically it's a hybrid of finkbuilt's and Zenon's design. It's all fabricated from 1/8 in steel. Fortunately I've got a welder, so it was pretty easy to fab it up. I reused the rod that connects to the lever coming out of the pedal box. I bent it straight like Zenon describes on his website, then cut it down and re-bent it to preserve the threaded end. I first dummied one up with steel rod, because I changed the bends somewhat to clear my clutch line. I used some nylon bushings for the main bearing. All local hardware store stuff. You basically need to convert the 3 in throw on the original set up to a 1-3/4 in throw on the 325 TB. The part that's close to the TB is just bent steel (took three tries to get it right!)

Update, reposted pics

post-2253-13667582396099_thumb.jpg

post-2253-13667582398176_thumb.jpg

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Your throttle linkage does look pretty sharp. What is the cable end from the linkage to the TB from? Was that one of the E30 parts?? Also, where did you mount the MS itself at?

TK

It's just bent 1/8" steel. You put it in a vice and beat it with a BFH. To twist it, get a big C-Clamp to give you leverage while holding the steel piece in a vice.

I mounted the ECU in the top/back of the glove box with velcro.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA