• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! I might be on the show SETUP on speed tv!!

bmw1602.com

Did anybody watch this show?

here is a clip...

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=713228110&channel=340485641

Well I did and I sent in my application to be in season 2 of the show. A few mins ago I just got a call from the producers! I had a 10 min interview. Did anyone else get a call today?

I need to 1 "crew chief" and one "mechanic".

I think I might have a "crew cheif" but I will need a mechanic. would have to be in the LA area so we can all carpool up to willow.

needs to be availabe mon-fri oct.22-nov.22.......ouch I know ! Probably will take place out in willow springs like last time.

The first round is a cart race, so if I'm eliminated in the first round then the commitment of time is small .

You will have to work for free, since I can't pay you but you do get to be on TV! They are giving us free food......

Obviously knowing how to wrench is very important as well as having some setup skills but at this point I'll almost take anybody! I need 2 people or I won't be able to go on the show! So worst case any unemployed enthusiast will do!

I have 1 week to call them back and confirm me and my crew's time commitment to the show.....

So anybody's unemployed out there that wants to have free lunch and be on TV?

email me at m3pedro at hotmail dot com

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

That's awsome, I've seen the show a bunch -it looks like a blast. Your not going to be racing your car are you? I thught the show was sponsored by the pontiac solstice, although that would be really cool.

good luck.

mike

sometimes owning a 2002 can actually get you out of a speeding ticket( 2 and counting)

1976 2002

1978 320i (for parts)

1997 M3 sedan

dude i got the badest mechanic in town

he used to own his own shop

dont know what his avaiblity is on that weekend

call me if you like

818-635-1905

Rach-

got bolts?....well i sell them...ask me how....

bimmerboltsandparts.com

75 2002

88 yamaha ysr50 (street)

88 yamaha ysr50 project

94 jeep yj

84 318i

Hum..........sounds like it's not for a weekend but up to a whole month if Pedro makes it past the cart race and onto the track. Maybe a couple of part time mechs?

Best of luck with finding a team and getting into the show!!!

When I watched the show last year, the first hurdle was getting a sponsor. Practice/role play approaching a sponsor after researching the brand and mentioning their products at every opportunity. Then go kick some ass on the track!

More power!

dude i got the badest mechanic in town

he used to own his own shop

dont know what his avaiblity is on that weekend

call me if you like

818-635-1905

Rach-

I might call you! yeah I have a couple of friends/mechanics that said they be down on certain days of the week. So if they allow "floating mechanics then I might be able to do it.

They really should get more budget I might just be able to pull it off money wise but........asking lot from contestants....

and I'm not racing my car. They provide you with pontiac solstice race cars.

let see! I keep you all informed!

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

Wow I'm very interested in this. It there an age requirement? I'm almost 18 and this sounds like so much fun. I am an intern Mechanic at Race Marque so i don't know that much but I do know a thing or two. I could miss a whole week of work and it wouldn't really take a toll. How does the show work? You build up a pontiac with what? do they provide you with anything? If so what? Very interested. Sounds like tons of fun. Let me know what is happening.

-Chris

1974 '02