• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Braking Problems

lsixt

New MC, new front "big brake" upgrade... bled brakes three times now, no leaks - used pressure bleeder... booster OK....stock booster non Tii MC

Issue is my pedal goes to the floor and barely applies any pressure...

Adjusted the pedal to be level with the clutch.

Are there other MC adjustments up front near the booster that I NEED TO MAKE???

I've read a lot of posts, and checked just about everything, but my pedal still goes to the floor and barely appplies any pressure....

No pedal pressure at all, just boom right to the floor and little to no braking.

UGH

Thanks,

Len

Bench bleeding a master is usually a simple process, usually the res is mounted on the master. Not on the 02.

With out removing the master from the car you can still bleed only the master. They have bench bleeding kits out there for inexpensive (plastic), as well as more expensive (metal) if you do this on a regular basis.

It involves unhooking your brake lines and running lines with the provided adapters from the brake line ports on the master back to the top of the res. creating a full circuit of hydraulic fluid. Use clear line for this, it'll help to see any air. It's best to have a helper for the actual bleeding so you can see what's going on.

slowly depress the brake pedal through a full stoke and slowly let in up. Very important to go slow. Otherwise you can unseat the seals in the master or agitate any air bubbles trapped. wait a few seconds and repeat. go until the are no signs or air for 5 strokes.

After the system is hooked back up, manually bleed the system with another or the same clear line used on the master and watch for air.

Still no pedal, replace you master. I'm sure it is warrantied if it's new.

1976 2002

Stay up