• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you guys noticed the slow changes in EBAY

norm

I know I'm slow to "change" and "new ideas", but I'm not sure I like the new look of EBAY Motors. They have been slowing changing over the last few weeks. I liked the old format.

http://www.motors.ebay.com/

There also seems to be a lot more sellers rights and buyer be-aware notices, rules, laws and fine print.

Do you remember when the FAQ changed? I'm so used to it now. Will I feel the same way about EBAY in two months?

Norm

edit: Maybe this should be moved to off-topic

I'm still in awe at how some people can charge $30 in shipping costs on a $10 part! I guess you gotta make your money somehow.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Guest Anonymous
I'm still in awe at how some people can charge $30 in shipping costs on a $10 part! I guess you gotta make your money somehow.

So if I sold a hood on eBay for $10 you would expect me to ship it for what, a dollar? You are a fool....

people are doing that to get around the outrageous ebay fees they are charging. if you just look at total cost it shouldnt be an issue. ive done it myself....figure what the item is worth to you, add in the high shipping and dont bid anymore than that. ive all but quit ebay and just sell parts by word of mouth. there is no profit to be made after ebay and paypal fees.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I just listed a few BMW parts there. I didn't use ebay's built-in UPS shipping, because I prefer FedEx. I estimated the shipping cost for my items based on size, weight, and distance; I added a few dollars for a box, packing material, and misc.

The value of a shipment has only a very small effect on shipping charges, reflected in the insurance cost, which ranges from nothing to a few dollars at most.

This discussion reminds me why it's important to tell people your location when buying/selling heavy or large parts. Some things just aren't worth the cost of shipping them.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

Hey Curt...try buying from Walloth & Nesch in Germany sometime.

I recently ordered about $15 worth of cloth covered fuel lines and paid $50 shipping. That's so dumb, I am almost afraid to admit my stupidity! But that cloth fuel line sure looks cool on "Atlantik"! :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I've got no problem with fair profit.

However, I ordered something from a website a while back. They only had flat-rate shipping available. Lowest rate was something like $6.95 for regular post, so that is what I chose. When I got the envelope, it was a standard business sized letter envelope with 41 cents postage on it. Let's figure a shipping label and the cost of the envelope. That would still work out to at least a $5 profit for someone.

Stuff like that just makes me appreciate (and do more business with) companies that charge a normal fee for their product that INCLUDES their profit, and then charge actual shipping fees. A dollar or two for someones time and effort is OK, but when the packages arrive with postage for $4.89 and you paid $15...And don't give me that malarky about the cost of shipping materials. One company that I deal with for bicycle parts is PROUD of the fact that they RE-USE shipping containers and materials. Do you really give a damn that it arrives in a shiny new cardboard box? I just want it to arrive safe, then I recycle the shipping materials. As they say, if you want a brand new cardboard box, go buy one locally and save the postage.

Rant off.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes