• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73' Round Verona Full Resto

Well it took an afternoon, but i finally got the engine running. Took a couple of attempts working out what was wrong.

Now i'm just waiting for the rear drums and things should be back on track. Also i've got no indicators, i hate electrical work.

The engine just kept dieing as the float was emptying its self for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gN0tD3lIQc

With an inspection of the fuel pump which was stuffed i replaced it with another and presto!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f3QOr_Enc

the confines of living in the city. oooh yeah, what an arse.

CIMG2146.jpg

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With those indicators, its probably a faulty flasher unit but check all the connections and bulbs too at the assembly. If that fails, check out the connections at the stalk. Thats just how i would go about fixing mine.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

yeah i think its the button for the hazard lights as it wont stay pushed in, it wasn't connected originally, so i re connected it and the hazards wont go off. it just pops out when trying to push it in. The indicators must be wired in with the hazards.

Hopefully a new button will sort it out.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

that would great tom, are they all the same??

i've had a look on the forum and cant seem to find much at all about converting to a 32/36 weber, any info would be appreciated. I'm assuming you need to change the manifold and thats all??

Had my first drive today (Friday 13) and it was SWEET! First gear is nearly non-existent, but thats cool, the car is still super zippy considering its had a hard life and hasn't run for a some time (couple of years), having no drivers door might of added to the go-cart effect. Brakes feel good, they come on in a rush but when i pick up new drums next week (and a door) they should feel sweet.

CIMG2148.jpg

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Im pretty sure they are all the same. I think the US ones had HAZARD written on them but neither the one on our 74 or 72tii has anything on it. Ill PM you some pics so you can clarify if you want.

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

After a predictable compression test, i'm now on the hunt for an ok engine, or maybe i'll fix this one up im still not sure.

cylinders went like this:

this might play a small role in why i burnt through a 1/3 of a tank of petrol at idle in about 45 mins

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Hey Will,

I might have a good engine for you depending on how things pan out. Another mate may be interested but im not 100% sure. Ill let you know next Thurs.

Catch you Sunday mate!

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I'm all over the shop as far as engine's go:

1. Leave the one i've got

- restore the car with current engine so that i can drive the car (which wont be for 6 months anyway), and then find another down the track, do it up and swap it over.

If this was to be the case then i would probably go EFI.

1.1 Leave the one i've got

- leave the engine as is, buy another and re-build it NOW, as i said it wont be for at least 6 months that the car will be up and running. I would go twin sides again with trick bits.

2. Re-build currnet

- When the engine comes out of this one (Verona), re build it and stick some dual sides on it along with some other trick bits.

Not sure what to do, i want it to be a practical solution in terms of time, space and money. But i like the idea of having two engines. Hmmmm

To be continued...

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Hmmmmm... How'd you like these apples.

Sports Billys and IE stage two springs amongst some other goodies....

that's sexy!!! i got my 74' back from adelaide on friday, so hopefully soon i'll be in the market for some of these too. how much did the IE springs and the bilsteins set you back?

Brent May - Swinburne Uni

1974 2002 Resto:

IE 10.5:1 Pistons, IE header, IE urethane bits, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Whiteline Swaybars, 45DCOE Webers, 304 cam..

16082007263.jpg

maybe 7-800 including shipping, pretty pricey. I actually still have to get the correct front shocks as i supposedly ordered the wrong ones, i need sports at both ends and ended up with sports for the rear and HD's at the front, don't supposes you want a pair of HD's at the front??

1972 RHD Auto - Sold