• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlamp switch.....

PeterVarga

Obtained a salvage headlamp switch from an E12 (5 series I think.) Wondering if anyone knows if it fits an E10 2002 ('76). It looks very

much the same but the electrical connections are small (5mm.) I can't remember seeing any connector (quick disconnect type) that is this size in my '02. They all seem the 7mm size. Anybody know?

wires, and it has small-sized terminals in the plug.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Just got one from EBay. Its clean....but I'm not sure if it fits. The press-on connectors are smaller than I remember last time I had it apart. I'll have to open the console and look. But thanks, if this one doesn't fit, I'll reply.... I'll try and look at it this weekend. ....... It might just be a one piece connector that connects all the wires at once .....as Mike (above) mentioned....thanks.

Well, the final final on this is Mike was correct....the headlamp switch has a couple of plastic fittings that hold the connectors. The .187" fastons are held in that fixture and lock on the switch. Plus there is one outside lug with the same connector on it. Therefore, the E12 (530i) headlamp switch fits in the E10 (2002) lamp connector. (maybe that's why the part nos. are the same!)

I sure hope the dimmer isn't ohmic as in the older one....the panel is much too dim even with fresh bulbs.