• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some wheel advice...

I know, I know, it's a topic that's been around the track a few times...

I really liked the way 205/60's on my e21 turbines handled (yes, I know this is debatable - but that's my starting point;), but I got rubbing on the fenders with this setup. If not for that I'd be happily driving that wheel/tire combo.

I'd really like to keep the same ride feel, but am not sure what wheel/tire setup will accomplish that.

Any opinions on the matter?

TIA

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

retain current wheels/tires, roll fender lips,

get 5.5j x 13 wheels with the proper offset, or

use 14" wheels? E30 14" steel wheels are 5.5" rim width and look very good on an '02 when painted silver and fitted with the small Euro hubcaps. Cheap to buy, too.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

retain current wheels/tires, roll fender lips,

get 5.5j x 13 wheels with the proper offset, or

mike

otto,

Mike says my Octavo 100+ 5.5" x 13" (they have the proper offset, ~26) can be shod with the 205/60-13s.

You should think about it...

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

i run a 15 inch wheel with incorrect offset. Finally had hubcentric spacers made to make them safe. Spacers may allow you to run a wrong wheel. Also, fender rolling, and maybe some stiff springs/shocks so that car does not press on tire as often. Good luck.

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).