• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 ALPINA in YouTube

Hello friends,

I posted a video in YouTube about one BMW 2002 and other genuine BMW 2002 ALPINA race car (the white car) in Uruguay (S. America), recorded in the year 2002 or 2003. The video is in spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93KHrY29jI

Talking with a friend in Uruguay, he tell me that BMW had a external factory in this country, and were assembled over 5000 BMW's 2002 and some laters models like E21's and E30's, somebody knows?

Hello friends,

I posted a video in YouTube about one BMW 2002 and other genuine BMW 2002 ALPINA race car (the white car) in Uruguay (S. America), recorded in the year 2002 or 2003. The video is in spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93KHrY29jI

Talking with a friend in Uruguay, he tell me that BMW had a external factory in this country, and were assembled over 5000 BMW's 2002 and some laters models like E21's and E30's, somebody knows?

It's feasible that BMW sent some CKD (Completely Knocked Down) kits to Uruguay. This is commonly done by manufacturers to get around high import tariffs on finished goods. They basically send a complete car in a kit and it is assembled in the country where it will be sold. BMW did it in several countries.

About 25 years ago I used to coordinate shipping of CKD kits of daisywheel printers (remember those?) to Brazil and Saudi Arabia, among other places. Even as kits, all sorts of licenses and permits were required. A true nightmare....

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290