• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clutch master - easy question

lsixt

What feeds into the clutch master cylinder from the resivor? Is it a pipe or is there a plastic nipple like what is on the brake master?

If it's a pipe (appears that what realoem shows) I may need one.

In any event I need to get hydrolics to the clutch master.

Thanks,

Len

not that one,

I'm talking about what feeds the master clutch from the hydraulic reservoir.

What runs from the reservoir into the master and how is it attached to the master.

I have the plastic hose between the master and slave.

Thanks,

Len

Yup...Part 9 is a hard plastic hose. You are going to need to get Part 9, plus some Part 2, which is the rubber hose rated for brake fluid.

28.png

This pic of my 1976 bay shows the brake fluid reservoir feeding the brake MS with two hoses, and the third hose on the left goes to the clutch MS feed tube.

ceylon07baydetail.JPG

You may also need more parts if you don't have the fitting on top of the clutch MS.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

the replacement part is a semi-flexible plastic line...neither are under pressure, just gravity. The latter is somewhat easier to install but it's still easier to plug the line into the M/C's nipple, and then feed the M/C down to its final location from the top of the engine compartment, dangling from the plastic line. It's a real PITA to plug the line into the nipple with the M/C bolted in place.

Also, before you install the M/C, check to see if your socket will clear the M/C housing so you can tighten the mounting nut. If it doesn't clear, a minute or two with a grinder can save a lot of install time.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite