• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update of the Schnitzer 2002 (Gruppe 5) Project

Guest Anonymous

• 1 year later...

Great shot! Pretty tight racing line, might cause trouble with stewards in many serieses today 🙂

But I was kinda hoping to see update on the car itself. Any progress? 

• Like 1

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Paint and body done (although I need to do some paint correction.....I know its a race car but.....orange peel is easy enough to get rid of).  All new R&P steering including a Motorsport QR steering rack 2.8 turns lock/lock, suspension, brakes, diff all done.  

Essentially, I need to do the following:

Need my 235/5 put back together

Plumb oil lines and coolers

Plumb diff coolers

Fuel system, lines, swirl pot, pumps and tank (this is probably the biggest deal)

Wiring.  I have the full harness that came out of the car that is really in pretty good shape.  I know very little about wiring so it may be easier to start from scratch.....no clue on that really.

It isn't that far off, you would think with Covid I would have done more, fortunately (knock on wood) never got sick, but got busy as hell with work.  I didn't do that much work.  Oh well.  The fuel tank and that whole thing is the biggest deal.  I know what I want to do with it, just need to recruit some help.

• 8 months later...

Glad I got an "update" e-mail from the faq that I actually followed!
Good to see pics of your car Mark. Hope you are well! (OK enough here)
-dp  

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!