• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where do I buy stock spring height spings besides BMW

SHEN

The prices are very high on there stock springs from BMW. Since my car and most old 02's are sagging I want to but in new springs and bring the car back to the stock height or at least close to it. I'm hoping someone know who carries normal height springs since I don't want it lowered.

Thanks for any help.

Bav Auto(rebadged house brand) , Eibach, Intrax, H&R, and ST springs. From what I could tell was that the ST's only advertised a 1/2" drop where as the others went from 1 to 2" drops. Later cars had taller springs, but I believe the aftermarket springs are not early or late specific. One size fits all.

Brand new stock springs from BMW will give you the ride height, but I can't justify the premium price for OEM springs when there are so many other cost effective options on the market.

Be aware that if your springs are really worn (like mine) or even original, that installing "lowering" springs can actually raise the car up.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

relatively few miles (less than 100k) and have been off the car nearly 20 years, sitting in my attic. I was gonna cut a coil on 'em but went with H&Rs instead...e-mail me if you're interested; I don't want too much for 'em.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite