• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear quarter window seal - Best method to get it in?

oz_tom

Pretty much as the thread name suggests. Whats the best method to get the rear quarter window seal in and under that lip and what tools to use?

Currently my weapon of choice is a... spoon! (just the end of the handle)Once its pushed under the lip though, and then taking it back out from under, it pulls the seal back out.

Appreciate ANY help!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I used a table knife. That has the advantage of being much thinner, but still not too sharp. Also using lots of lubricant (like dish soap) makes easier work of it. Good luck...that is not one of the more pleasant jobs on these cars.

Matthew, I actually downgraded from a tablespoon to a teaspoon and still having problems *rolls eyes*. Your right - horrible job! Ive been using libricants too. Ill keep plugging away!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

My tool of choice would be a nylon "trim stick" available at your local auto paint supply store. It has a rounded knifelike edge on both ends it wont damage the paint or the weatherstrip. Saved my butt a few times! Reasonably priced as well get a couple so you can have a spare. Reminds me I should get more!