• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Best spray can metal paint remover out there?

Mars

I want something that you just spray, preferrably low odor and paint just runs off or can easily be wiped away with a putty knife or rag.

TIA

you, me and the rest of the auto, aero and general overhaul and maintenace world. low cost would be a plus too.

unfortunately, there's just no substitute for elbow grease or a hot tank of sodium hydroxide

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

ok. this was just an attempt to see if there was some new miracle product or method out there. I just went and got a can of Kleen Strip paint stripper which works pretty good. In just 5-10 minutes it eats away paint and then you can strip it off with a putty knife.

I just don't like working with such harsh toxic chemicals. There was a more eco-friendly product but it doesn't work very well although it does have no odor and is not toxic.

Anyway, thanks all.