• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this called and where can you get some???

lsixt

This goes on the inside of the car and holds the headliner and other parts of the interior materials.

Is it functional (meaning it actually does something) or purly decorative for covering the edges?

I've not been able to locate a part number or name for that matter. Don't know if it's still available or not.

Thanks,

Len

post-1447-13667572900144_thumb.jpg

post-1447-13667572901164_thumb.jpg

I never ordered any but I have an old parts book here where they list the number as 51 71 1 801 810 and they list it as edge protection. It very cheap so you should just order it and see. The number isn't listed on the ETK so don't bother haveing them try and find it.

what you pictured is pinchweld trim...windlace is a different animal...

397e_1.JPGwindlace

windlace is a round foam center, usually covered with cloth or vinyl...it was used back in the olden days..it's purpose is to act as a seal around the windows to reduce wind noise...pinchweld is used to hold the windlace in place

pinchweld is used as an edge dressing....you can also get a combination, pinchweld/windlace that serves both purposes