• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parked car jumped right out in front of me...

Stupac

Dang it, I was just driving down the road 20 mph over the speed limit on a lovely rainy day, just minding my own business, well I blipped the throttle and dropped it into second as I came around the corner with all four tires spinning, and all the sudden this damn Toyota with nobody in it comes out of nowhere...

Well now you know the story. My front passenger side bumper and nose is all smashed in and radiator skewered by the fan. Never fails, finally get the summer project running and then destroy it when fall rolls around. Now I'm just wondering what to do, I'm looking for the under $1,000 fix, preferably under $500 fix. Mostly, I just want to drive her, she doesn't have to look nice, just figured I'd hit up my fellow FAQer's for some advice.

Have safe holidays everyone.

post-996-13667571442504_thumb.jpg

post-996-13667571446678_thumb.jpg

post-996-13667571450466_thumb.jpg

post-996-13667571454159_thumb.jpg

post-996-13667571457621_thumb.jpg

Once a proud owner of a '73 2002

Now I can run into things faster with a '95 M3

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Dang it, I was just driving down the road 20 mph over the speed limit on a lovely rainy day, just minding my own business, well I blipped the throttle and dropped it into second as I came around the corner with all four tires spinning, and all the sudden this damn Toyota with nobody in it comes out of nowhere...

Well now you know the story. My front passenger side bumper and nose is all smashed in and radiator skewered by the fan. Never fails, finally get the summer project running and then destroy it when fall rolls around. Now I'm just wondering what to do, I'm looking for the under $1,000 fix, preferably under $500 fix. Mostly, I just want to drive her, she doesn't have to look nice, just figured I'd hit up my fellow FAQer's for some advice.

Have safe holidays everyone.

I've been there and done that so I guess I'm the pot.... but might I still ask what exactly were you doing driving 20 over in the rain on wet roads? You're lucky no one was hurt.

If the other car was truly unoccupied then it clearly was not your fault. Because of the water there are probably no skidmarks so you won't get cited for driving like a hooligan. You can pickup a nose used from 2002ad or someone on the FAQ for cheap and splice that on. Maybe it's time to slow down a little in the rain though???

Again having been there it took me about 4 cars to learn the hard way - fortunatly only one was a BMW and it was an E30 at that.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Could someone just fill me in a bit on US Insurance - Its always baffled me and sounds really unfair to what we get down under. Why isnt Stu getting compensated by the owner of the Toyota if it wasnt Stu's fault?

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Guest Anonymous

4 ton portapower from Harbor Freight will jack things back into approximate place - the rest is up to you and your ability to work or replace metal, weld, body work, and paint I estimate $1500 to $2000 to fix it.

You pays your money and you takes your choice -- extended with sympathy and empathy.

Appreciate the comments, I'm looking for a nose atm rob, I'll hit you up when I find one. Oh, and for clarification, it was my fault, I was trying to soften the blow to my ego by joking about the car "jumping" in front of me, lol. Sorry for the confusion, the Toyota was stationary and parked when I hit it. Yeah, I probably should slow down a bit from here on out in wet conditions.

Appreciate the comments, I'm looking for a nose atm rob, I'll hit you up when I find one. Oh, and for clarification, it was my fault, I was trying to soften the blow to my ego by joking about the car "jumping" in front of me, lol. Sorry for the confusion, the Toyota was stationary and parked when I hit it. Yeah, I probably should slow down a bit from here on out in wet conditions.

doof!! ;-p anyways, its fixable!!! and thats all that matters. some dood in the e39 room wrecked his car today also, snowy terror!!

Nose job time.

Start calling around to find the panel. Make a visit to 2002Haus. Rob has done this job more than once. He may even have the parts you need as well as sage advice.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Thanks guys, I've already gotten 2 FAQers reply who have the body panels I think I need.

I visited your site rob, but didn't see the parts, but I would appreciate sage advice, thanks!