• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

still no signal lights

esty

Guest Anonymous

I don't want to appear to beat a dead horse but my hazard switch looked as if it could only go in one way also I had no lights, or turn signals. It wasn't till I had my console out and had clear access to the connector that I was able to see it "appears" to only go in one way but can actually go in at least two, cause mine was off a notch. Until your 100% positive it's right don't write it off....steve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue about a year ago. You seem to have covered most of evrything I checked in this thread already.

So on a long shot...... I drive a right hand drive 02. The steering column wiring runs the length of the dash to the passenger side (thats driver side for you) where it plugs into the wiring loom (in the form of two plastic clips each carrying 4-5 wires). My guess is despite yearly differences I would imagine that diferences in the left vs right wiring loom is simply the length of wire running the dash to the sterring column (longer on a right hander obviously, but otherwise identical).. Check the clips between the dash wires and the main engine bay wiring loom (i assume it will be at the drivers side feet as it is passenger side feet for my right hander). Mine had a bad connection and set me back about a week and a few years off my life.

hope this helps.

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"