• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

boxed trailing arms

albawhore

Another option that I had considered is using an E9 control arm. They are much stronger, but also a bit heavier. They are also a little longer so result in a few degrees of negative camber without having to use a fixed or adjustable camber plate.

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

bmw thought it was necessary for going from 100 to 130bhp, so I'd say yes. $100 a side? Realoem lists over 500 and I didn't even think they were available.

I think Winston is refering to welding on the front control arms- not the semi trailing arms.

Yes I was talking about fronts. I'll be running e21 rears or maybe e30 but boxed either way. Fronts I just don't see the point unless I had a full blown track only car, lowered, and was really worried about it. To me there's no "coolness" factor in boxing your front arms. - IMO

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76