• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tie rods..w/c brand to go

Armond

TRW/OCP or Moog..Has anyone used these brands with success? Thanks

I put on Meyle brand tie rods and ball joints between Christmas and New Years last year (2005/6) and they are crap! The allignment has never been right - it goes back and forth as if there is play in something somewhere and last weekend I noticed that the tie rod boots (like little ball-joints) are cracking. Time to buy better parts!

It's really frustrating because I spent the time and the money to "do it right" or so I thought. I removed the motor, trans, front suspension and subframe and replaced EVERYTHING - CORRECTLY... If I were U I'd stay away from that brand (Meyle)

FWIW....

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

in the e34 world guys swear meyle sucks. i really dont know but i sprung for lemforder on my parents e34 and my stuff. its more money but its supposed to last. its all internet hearsay so who knows

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

in the e34 world guys swear meyle sucks. i really dont know but i sprung for lemforder on my parents e34 and my stuff. its more money but its supposed to last. its all internet hearsay so who knows

I'll back that up... I've had my allignment checked twice and it's the parts that have play in them not the allignment.

MEYLE SUX!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

I just bought. My parts guy said it's a german company, older than the ones mentioned. I've never heard of them before so I was a little nervous. I wanted Meyle, but I'm glad I didn't buy them. I still have some play and wandering. Could be the tires (6 years old) or things going on. I know I also need new rear subframe bushings that I think can cause wandering.

If you want me to call my parts guy and ask what brand I bought, I will.

Craig74tii

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

• 4 years later...