• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

know this 74/M20 '02 in BC canada?

robsanab

there is this car i'm looking into... was wondering if any of you guys did this M20 conversion. The current owner told me he bought it a few years ago (i think) from someone named Marc who he believes did the conversion. Anyone familiar with this car? I would like any history you can provide. Thanks! Rob

Here are some more details:

-red

-he says it needs paint and panel rust work, but the chassis is solid with no issues

-looks like the rear wheel well lips have been cut out (what, for future flares?)

-1989 M20 and tranny out of 325i

-3.64 LSD

-black, basket weave type wheels (he says aussie made Simmons?)

-big volvo radiator with custom stainless fan shroud

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Hey Rob,

If the car is somewhere in/near vancouver, I'll look into it if you want. Or if you are interested, we can hook up and view it together.

All I know about m20s is the wickedly fun ride I had in Gavin's M20 in SF along twisties by the ocean.... I still have the grin from that day.

Pierre

604-742-0400

More power!

thanks for the offer! may get with you if I follow thru with this. right now it is looking like more of a project than I already have... BUT it's an M20!

still asking him some questions and getting pictures... A guy who frequented this forum (marco) was the PO and did the conversion. oh wait, this car is now in Kelowna... that's a ways from you.

just read that there is no way to get the speedo to work with the tranny it's got... 325i had sensor in diff... hmmm. I suppose I'd have to find an aftermarket electronic speedo and figure out a custom instr panel?

Oh hey... while I've got you... who is a good 02 mechanic in Vancouver? A while back a friend refered me to Euro Otto Sport (a guy named Otto) in port coquitlum.... heard of him?

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Kelowna indeed is far from the city. You may want to try and email the BC 2002 users group at http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/ and ask for a set of eyes there.

Never heard of Otto in PoCo. You can try Al Larse of seams perfest. I'm not sure what he's up to now but he has a shop or two in Surrey.....

You can also try Zenon who hosts the bc 02 board. Quite excellent with 2002 inners he is...

IF you do pick up another project and drive through town, don't be shy! I'd suggest megasquirting the M20. As for the speedo thing, look up Pat Allen on this board. I think he has some sort of board that will work as go between M20 and mechanical speedo.

Pierre

More power!