• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At least 3 Tourings on the east coast

Stopped by a junkyard near East Stroudtsburg, PA to see what 02 parts I could find. Found a VDO washer bottle but the fellow there told me his friend has several 02s. Races a yellow one with Schnitzer flares in SCCA, has a daily driver and a Touring in the body shop. He gives me his number, I call him, we talk and realize we bought our Tourings from the same cat in CT! Cool huh?

That is three Tourings I know of on the east coast now, Brian's in somewhere NJ, Mike Pugh's in Raleigh, and mine scattered between MD and NC. Rumor has it there is one in Vermont, Kermit Upton maybe? If anyone can confirm that, please let me know.

I hope to see pix of Brian's Touring soon.

It would be nice to see them together at the Rolex Vintage Event at LimeRock Park in the fall.

Several of us went to the event two years ago and saw awesome vintage cars of all marques.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

What touring did you buy? I assume it was from Mike whatshisname, who was selling a Golf tii touring a while back (for several years, actually). He used to be in Florida, I think.

3355856 '71 Verona for sale Oct '03 in MA

3420518 '72tii Blue for sale Jan '05 in ME

3422489 '72tii Golf - Bill's car (MD)

3460120 '73 Verona - Mike's car (NC)

3462244 '74 met Blue for sale Nov '03 in CT - maybe same guy that sold Bill his (it was possibly a basket case with a rebuilt motor)

I guess the unknown owners may now be anywhere, but they may still reside on the East Coast?

Les

1 of 2 known Tourings in Texas (maybe 3 if it's still in Amarillo).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

What touring did you buy? I assume it was from Mike whatshisname, who was selling a Golf tii touring a while back (for several years, actually). He used to be in Florida, I think.

Yes that is the one I purchased from Mike whathisname

FAQ member #5

3422489 '72tii Golf - Bill's car (MD)

3460120 '73 Verona - Mike's car (NC)

3462244 '74 met Blue - Brian's car (NJ)

These are the three I can account for. I have seen and driven Mike's, it is in very good condition.

FAQ member #5

Guest Anonymous

Hey Les

whatsup Mate?

Touring

3421912 is in Texarkana Tx

tii ,inka ,roof,345 LS alpina header & 13 alpina alloys

in the hands of my son He grew up in that car .

Hi Rob,

I've got your lad's Touring on my list. There was another Ebayed in Amarillo - don't know what happened to that one.

How's the '02 coming along?

Mine's looking tired and is due for a refurbishment. I'm pretty well on with the garage, so now it's just a matter of time.

Good to hear from you.

Les

Les

FAQ Member #17

Bill,

Not east coast, but add a dark green one to your list. When on the Vintage Marathon a couple years ago, there was a couple from Cincinnati in one. Saw him, John ?, at the Ault Park concours this last weekend, but forgot to get his last name - again. Gave him a card, maybe he'll get in touch. He is planning to participate in the BMW VCCCA tour of the Upper Peninsula this fall.

David in Nashville

Don't have one listed in Cinci....i (can't spell that one). There was a darkish green one for sale in Florida in '04. It had repaired accident damage on the driver side rear quarter panel. Don't know what happened to that one. The guy is currently trying to sell an "early" Targa that has "late" nose panel and rear end.

I posted a while back for any Touring Owners to get in touch, but it must have been an off night.

Les

FAQ Member #17

Don't think it's the same one. John (whatever) had been working on this one for 4 years or so, and the Marathon in 2004 was it's maiden voyage. He also has a Euro E28 M5 - Blue with cloth interior. He had absolutely no idea that either car was "all that special". I tried to get him to join this list in '04, but he said he just didn't have the time or computer skills.

He is looking for door seals, I know that much. Plus, he has a handlebar mustache.

David