• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 500$ wonder (July 25th, MBC and 42#injectors )

Pinepig

I have a new hate, taping.

Started at 8 am and just got done ( 4 pm ) just to tape the top half of the car off + doors, sunroof, hood and trunk.

It's suposed to be cooling down and I have a 4:30 wakeup, a quick trip to the airport to send a student on his checkride and hope to be painting by 7 am tomorrow.

Should have a pic or 2 if I remember to throw the camera in the car.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks awesome. are you keeping a tally of total cost?? i really admire you for having the skills to do it all.

Keeping a tally will make me very sad. LOL

I really have to thank my dad for getting me started in car stuff, he's getting to old to do many anymore. Finished the T- bird for my mom and we have one left, 46 Ford 2 door biz coupe ( I have big plans for this one ). That will probably be the last car my dad and I do together.

My motto is go cheap ( make it ) when you can and buy the right stuff when you must ( like front and rear window seals :-) )

My Blog

I'm an كافر

Got the base coat on today, I forgot how much of a pain it is to do silver ( or platnum metalic in my case ) spray it on any thicker than dry as a popcorn fart and it get's stripes and mottled looking crap all over it.

After 10 light coats it looks like it's flat silver but no stripes, runs, sags or bonehead crap, lucky me I get to wake up early again and try and get 5 or 6 nice wet coats of clear on it in the morning.

Promise to have 1/2 painted car pics for ya tomorow.

Almost forgot, my student passed his checkride, one more private pilot added to the books.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

• 2 weeks later...

Pics.

I like the subtlety of it, I almost chose a slightly darker blue for the bottom but now I'm pretty happy that I didn't. You can see from certian angles ( I have a door top shot for ya ) you can hardly tell but from others it's obvious.

I have some friends in town this week and won't be able to hang the doors back on till monday before work.

Anyway here ya go and one step closer.

post-1282-13667567485362_thumb.jpg

post-1282-1366756748659_thumb.jpg

post-1282-13667567488004_thumb.jpg

post-1282-1366756748935_thumb.jpg

post-1282-13667567490735_thumb.jpg

My Blog

I'm an كافر

Yep, every last bit was done by me. I don't farm any work out. Matter of fact I don't let anybody else EVER work on my cars for any reason, they just don't care for it like you do.

I've color sanded part of the roof already and it looks damn good.

Missed a dent on the passenger door lower front corner ( I have no idea how, I've looked at all the panels wet 8 bazillion times ) but it looks like I can poke it out with a spoon before I color sand. I hope I don't screw the pooch or I'll have to repaint that door.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

• 2 weeks later...

I"M DONE SANDING.

Just had to say that.

Got a rough cut polishing done today, one more time around the car and I'll put the wheels back on and roll it outside.

Look for pics on Wednesday. BTW I'm very happy with how it came out for a garage job.

My Blog

I'm an كافر