• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No. Autoextremist on BMW's new ad campaign.

DLogic

It's been a while since I hopped on the forum and its good to see that as the summer season creeps into our lives that this site is still as active as ever.

The reason for the post is Autoextremist's take on the new BMW ad campaign. I think most of us would agree that BMW's enduring philosophy is one of many reasons we have been drawn to the brand and, arguably, its greatest model the 2002.

So enjoy the article and happy motoring throughout the sunny season.

http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant

Damon; That ad is destined to become a classic. It does set the company up as serious, dedicated, determined, and even rebellious in the face of all the crappy compromises of nearly all car companies. That ad jumped off the page at me and I thought: "I think they mean it!" I have read of engineers at Ford for example being contemptuous of the very SUV's that have made BIG $$ for the co. due to the inherent stupidity and crudeness of these vehicles built for vacuous, insecure doofuses. I recently read a review of the new Mustang in which they liked the retro styling touches, but were put off by the cheapness of the car's interior. Doing it RIGHT would have been so cool.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Well, they gotta have suffficient sales volume to remain profitable. I am no fan of BMW building X-3's and X-5's, but I can understand their logic. These vehicles subsidize other BMW's that are more in line with the no compromises statement. They are compromising one thing in order to survive and build other cars that are truly uncompromising. Right?!? (Sounds a bit messed up but so is the world)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz