• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 02s heading to Bimmer fest from Riverside County CA?

If no other '02s, tag along with one of the South Caravans Bimmerfest is organizing. Check this link for more info http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125 read thru some of the threads, I believe that there were some groups coming from the Inland Empire.

Hope you decide to make it. Should be fun.

Bfestbanner006.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

everyone I know, who was going (from LA) isnt going. (except Gordon)Something about souped up new cars, and their drivers, being annoying.

Speaking of annoying, one of my own friends, who drives a 2000 328i said the 02 looks like Bmw wasnt finished. He said it also looks like interior plush parts are missing...I told him he was jealous because 02' are the original ultimate. He said BMW stopped making 02s because they decided they could do better.

ha ha ha yes He's still alive.

everyone I know, who was going (from LA) isnt going. (except Gordon)Something about souped up new cars, and their drivers, being annoying.

There seems to be at least 30 people who think differently. If 30 of us are gathered in the same place, and they are giving us our own area, we don't really need to even look at their cars if we would rather not. I hope some of them reconsider.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

There seems to be at least 30 people who think differently. If 30 of us are gathered in the same place, and they are giving us our own area, we don't really need to even look at their cars if we would rather not. I hope some of them reconsider.

HERE, HERE!!! Well said Inkasteve. Im going for the 02s!!!

Hey dont look at me :-0 I havent had the chance to make it to any event yet.

Whenever theres something fun....that I've been looking forward to...somehow I have to start chasing deadlines...at work.....aaaahhhh

I had to turn down going to the Matrix Revolutions premiere...yes the real premiere.

the one in Westwood. The one where I could scream out "There is no spoon" and everybody would get it...

The one where Keanu would hear me scream that and say "What a Bozo, that was the last film" he he he

And I cant go to Bimmerfest this year...another deadline, cuz I had hoped to go. Blubird has been restored.

Still need to talk to Pierre to see what the meeting time in Camarillo is.

Craig74tii

Here is his write up:"2002s, 1600, Neu Klasse, Bavarias, Coupes, and early E12s and anyone else who wants to join.

We have been promised a dedicated spot for pre-76 vehicles.

The caravan will leave Camarillo at 7:00 AM.

Camarillo, is off the 101, about 10 minutes West of Thousand Oaks.

Take the Las Posas Exit, take a right at the exit, then take a left at the first light then into the McDonald's parking lot. We will leave at 7:00, drive at a sane and legal speed, get there early, and avoid the large bling bling crowd."

e-mail him and let him know you are coming.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Wait, hold on a second. Bimmerfest agreed to have a "promised dedicated spot for pre-76 vehicles" and now those people with 2002s are now wussing out over "annoying people with souped up Bimmers"? You got to be kidding me. Those people ought to lower their nose for half a second and realize that THIS IS A BIMMER EVENT AND THE 2002 IS NOT THE ONLY BMW MADE. The only thing more annoying than a ignorant BMW driver is a BMW driver that is an elitist. All this sterotyping about people who drive newer Bimmers have "Bling Bling" is ridiculous. Sterotyping leads to more sterotyping in any situation. If this trend continues all 2002 drivers will be looked at as a bunch of old guys stuck in 1972, refusing to believe there is something called an "ECU" and still trying to stop our VCR's from blinking 12:00. Dont get me wrong, my 2 will always be my baby and there NO chance of me selling my 02 before my E36 M3. There is nothing like a 2002, but Im also amazed in the advancements in the engineering of the new cars. I appreciate the fact that there is a dedicated spot for us at Bimmerfest, not going for the reasons mentioned in the qoute is a slap in the face. For all those who are still going, I commend you all the way. For those who are not going, shame on you. You drive 2002 and you should be proud to drive into ANY car show, whether it be a rice show or a show of Ferraris. It seems that everybody is mad about how nobody knows what a 2002 is. Well how are they going to know what one is if the 2002 owners are at home? Especially at one of the (maybe the biggest) Bimmer gatherings in the nation? Please give it a second thought and drive out. If you dont wanna come for the show, come out and look for me, my name is Gino and Ill be waiting to get punched in the face, but make sure you come with your 2002. See you guys there

Speaking of annoying, one of my own friends, who drives a 2000 328i said the 02 looks like Bmw wasnt finished. He said it also looks like interior plush parts are missing...I told him he was jealous because 02' are the original ultimate. He said BMW stopped making 02s because they decided they could do better.

ha ha ha yes He's still alive.

I am meeting Gordon in Santa Maria tomorrow morning. He doesn't live in LA anymore (fyi). ;-] He's going to be driving his 2800 and I'll be in my 2002.

My problem is that 'mummy and daddy' spoil their kids. It's not with the "bling bling" crowd. If you want to "Fast and Furious" up your BMW with your hard earned $$, go for it. Props for wrench time. I take issues with the spoiled LEASED BMW crowd. If I were "King of BimmerFest", No LEASED BMWs would be allowed. I'd make people show proof of OWNERSHIP to get a spot.

But then again, I am an elitist BMW Snob.

P.S. IMHO: a "VINTAGE" BMW was made BEFORE WWII. A "Classic" BMW was made AFTER WWII and is not a 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, M, X, or Z series.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings