• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NE1 know Nate_SB, aka Nate Barker?, missing refund $$

jerry

I purchased a 'lightened' flywheel from Nate Barker that he advertised on this board last month. I purchased it upon his assurance that he would GLADLY take it back if it was not a lightened flywheel from Ireland Engineering.

Info from Ireland Engineering confirmed that this flywheel was 2 lbs heavier than what they sell (16 lbs vs. 14.5 lbs) and ring gear was noticeably used/worn, contrary to 'new' condition advertised. I compared it to two stock flywheels I had available (16.5, 17 lbs, respectively). I considered the weight discrepancy coupled with the wear on the ring gear sufficient grounds to return his flywheel, as Nate Barker assured me prior to taking my money, that he would do.

Long story short: I returned all items received from Nate Barker via insured, delivery confirmation mail 2 weeks ago. All attempts to contact Nate Barker via email and telephone have been unsucessful; quite a different experience from when I was receiving regular emails during his 'sales pitch'.

I am sorry to take up bandwidth on this FORUM, but these items were sold on this Board by a fellow 02er. I am out $240 (plus shipping costs both ways), and all attempts to settle this privately have failed.

I can be emailed at: jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

I would appreciate if INKA_Steve could intercede on my behalf (Nate is from Santa Barbara).

you may now go back to your regularly-scheduled programming...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

I do not know NB nor have I done business with him and this is directed at no one inparticular.

IMHO, if a member of this board has, in good faith tried to resolve an issue with a particular vendor, then this is exactly the place to make that final attempt. Sending sums of money over the internet is already full of risk, we should try to limit our exposure by sharing experience.

BillyRay in Chattanooga,TN