• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunroof / trunk vent question

rho

production run, the headliner tends to blow out at speed when the sunroof is open...but it might be fun to try--especially if you need a new headliner anyway!

Let us know what happens...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

production run, the headliner tends to blow out at speed when the sunroof is open...but it might be fun to try--especially if you need a new headliner anyway!

Let us know what happens...

mike

Cool... I might try it... I need to tweak my sunroof cables anyway and it might save me time in the removal of the headliner... :)

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i

the vent tubes in place and I've been 90 with the roof open and no ill effects to date. But now I'm nervous, especially since it's a new headliner!.

I'm sure it's one of those instances where 1 out of 5,000 did it and then they had to make changes...

I'm going to intall them to help with getting more fresh air circulated.... more important to me than the possibility of the headliner getting tweaked out.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i

Guest Anonymous

Yea, I have them in the back of mine (factory sunroof). I am sure some PO changed them. No problems to report here, and I use my sunroof fairly often. The problem might only show up if the sun-roof is the only vent open(ie no windows or def vents) since my Jetta which did have flow through vents had some slight billowing if all other vents were closed. YMMV