• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 or 240SX?

Supergeek

Hi everyone, I am new to the faq and this my first post. I just wanted some opinions on what I should do. I have a 76 2002 that will be running in a few days and I also have a 90 240SX. I am looking to keep one car fairly stock (minor bolt-ons) and planning to make the other a daily driver, weekend autoXer (cams, hi comp pistons, forced induction?) I know both cars have tons of potential and very good aftermarket support, and its because of these reasons that I cant make up my mind. I know this is off topic, but I would just like some opinions, thanks!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

If you want to go really fast at autoX: the 240sx should be used for AX.

If you want to have a lot of fun at autoX: the 2002.

It depends on the local competition within each of the possible classes for your cars.

Sorry to the 2002 guys, but its gonna take a long ways to get the 2002 near as fast as the 240SX. The 2002 feels fast, and is really fun, but it'll take a lot of effort to get close to competition in terms of time.

The 240sx is a very capable car in the right hands....

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Over here in Europe we got them with turbo engines as standard.1.8 on the S13

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/ my friends site,,hes a good driver,but has many sprint class wins with his

I think it boils down to your personal choice,i think they both tidy up from a handling point of view with modifications,but my i know which of my cars is faster round any track.

If you need any info on the S chassis nissan,,try here.... sxoc.co.uk

Theres a good few idiots on that forum,,but a core of real knowledge,can take a while to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Good luck,,whatever you choose.

I love my motorsport,,wont be competing for a while,,fresh out of a coma ,,and many other serious injuries.

Graham

Shiny paint and a startled kid

Guest Anonymous

As one that is currently doing a RB25 swap on a 240sx and owning a 71 2002ti. I have to concur with others on the board. The 240sx will be faster at the AX, but, the 02 will be more fun!!!

BillyRay in Chattanooga, still can't sign in!