• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BimmerFest time again

Vroomer

Trouble with living here is that I miss the caravans.

It is a great event, went last year for the 1st time. If we can keep all the "older" cars together it would be even better. The E21 guys are great to hang with also. Check out the Bimmerfest website and look at last years pictures. We are gaining '02 attendance each year. Plan on doing the "road run" if they repeat it this year. It is a great drive, even with some of the crazys in the group. amazing to be part of over 300 BMWs on the same road at the same time.

I don't mind becoming '02 Central in SB if necessary.

pics of some of the '02s last year....

P4230008.jpg

P4230007.jpg

P4230012.jpg

P4230009.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Education is the only way these kids are going to understand the 2002...

I am 22 years old, I had never heard of a 2002, when I was 10 years old, then my dads friend told me all about them... I was instantly intrigued with them - I ended up purchasing a 1973 as my first car!

Without drawing upon the negatives of these people and getting them offside, you will find a whole lot more can be achieved when trying to educae these people. You never know, they might just purchase a 2002 and pay rediculous prices form them and send our cars values through the roof!

As for lease cars, I dont know about what is like in the US, but in Australia it is actually a legitimate buisness write down to lave a lease car. To me it is better to have a lease car than to purchase a car as I can claim all of the interest back on the car, etc.

We lease a black 2004 BMW 330 convertible, with M-sport kit, 18 rims, Individual red nappa leather, Harman Kardon stereo, TV, xenons, lowered, etc. wouldnt do it any other way. To buy outright is foolish IMHO.

Showing disrespect for someones car is another story.

I wish there were events like this in Australia that I could pick and choose between!

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Trouble with living here is that I miss the caravans.

Ok, we'll make Gordon's house '02 central. =D HAHA! get you at least an hour+ drive in with us. ;-]

Steve, I'll be in SB later this morning. Hit me up on my cell.

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

• 4 weeks later...

So whos going? Its Bimmerfest and Im sure all bimmers are welcome. Dont let the whole"the people there are all 22 and dont know what a 2002 is" thing get to you, show them. Funny that sometimes when I go to a 2002 show or something like that, a lot of people pass by because my 2002 is far from orthadox, like I broken a code or something, but a 2002 is till a 2002 and even if its a rust bucket I still have love for it. Go and represent the old school. I do agree with all of you, comraderie is strong in the old school. Bimmerfest and all the stereotyping of it should not stop you. The caravan will be leaving Balboa park at 7:30AM the day of. So go and show those "little punks" or whatever the roots of "The Ulitmate Driving Machine". I will be there in my 2002 and not my M3 My 2 will always be my baby. And by the way, I AM 22, I know what a 2002 is, and letting the stereotyping of both sides should not stop you from driving into any Bimmer show

So whos going? Its Bimmerfest and Im sure all bimmers are welcome. Dont let the whole"the people there are all 22 and dont know what a 2002 is" thing get to you, show them. Funny that sometimes when I go to a 2002 show or something like that, a lot of people pass by because my 2002 is far from orthadox, like I broken a code or something, but a 2002 is till a 2002 and even if its a rust bucket I still have love for it. Go and represent the old school. I do agree with all of you, comraderie is strong in the old school. Bimmerfest and all the stereotyping of it should not stop you. The caravan will be leaving Balboa park at 7:30AM the day of. So go and show those "little punks" or whatever the roots of "The Ulitmate Driving Machine". I will be there in my 2002 and not my M3 My 2 will always be my baby. And by the way, I AM 22, I know what a 2002 is, and letting the stereotyping of both sides should not stop you from driving into any Bimmer show

You are absolutely correct, couldn't have said it better myself, and I am not 22 (sad to say). I look forward to meeting you there. Heck, I might just drive down to LA early, just so I can drive back up here with the SoCal group.

P4230007.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I swear when I see VW's "Un-Pimp my ride" commercials, that VW took a few of the E36/E46 crowd right off the lot from last year's show. That was scary.

I have to get my 2002 to idle. She won't hold an idle. Have to use the acclerator to hold an idle, and that's just wrong.

If I can't get her working right by the show, I'll just be taking the Tii Touring I'm buying.

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

If so, take the idle jet out from the side of the carb, blow in it and put it back. It's a classic 02 quirk.

If you have a 2-barrel, do the same to both idle jets. Not as a common of a problem but it could happen.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam