• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As much as I don't want to... How much should I sell for...

Jocelyn

Due to an unexpected surprise, our finances just can't be put into my baby anymore... Not that I ever worked much on the poor thing...

My 1970 BMW 2002 Euro import has to be sold. My first car, so this is really hard for me to do, but anyway :P This isn't an advertisement for the car, I'd just like to know how much it is worth, if anything. Hoping the fact that it's from Athens, Greece will raise the value a wee bit :\

The bad news.... This car is not in working condition at this moment- needs new selenoids. The engine runs pretty darn good when it's running, though there is a small leak that causes oil to drip into the piston chambers every once in a blue moon.

There's horrible superficial rust, but no structural rust on the outside pannels. The driver's side floor needs a panel replaced around the gear box.

Needs a new muffler and the fuse box leaves a lot to be desired.

The headlight casings are currently off of the car as I didn't have the time to rework the headlight casings or find a replacement Euro casings for the car - ordered some North American casings, but they didn't fit... Throwing those in with the sale...

The good news... The car's suspension is flawless when she's running - no visable rust on the coils or on the front towers. Slight rust, but nothing worrisome on the rear passenger tower.

New clutch disc and new clutch, new spark plugs and ignition wires. New master cylinder and new/used slave cylinder.

Definitely would not be a project car for anyone new to the 2002. Could be used as a parts car.

The engine was rebuilt in '76 and has 80k on it.

Faded red color... I beleive it was a magenta when it was first purchased and was repainted by its first owner, whom also imported the car from his military station in Athens to North America/Canada.

Has the clock option, rather than the tach.

Visually poor, but runs super good when she does run... haha ahh.

So, 2002 enthusiasts... How much do we think she's worth?

it all depends on location, location, location and uniqueness. i suppose being a european-based car the VIN would be a novelty, the rear license lights would also add to the novelty, BUT, other than that i didn't read too much else to support any inflated value in the "used, needs work" 02 market.

here in the SF Bay Area market i'd say $1000 tops due to the rust issues, IMHO. perhaps where they are less available you could demand more.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa