• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Storage stand?

Sam_in_VA

You can make a box out of 2x10s that just fits around the oil pan so the the engine sits upright on the oil pan flange, its cheap, stable and very easy to make

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.

I used some scrap 5/8 inch plywood to make a support for the oil pan. this will allow you to keep the flywheel attached. be sure to make the height high enough to clear the engine as it sits upright as opposed to slanted in the enginebay. if you look close enough you'll notice i had to add some spacers, duh...... also, make a cutout for the oil drain. another point is that i did not attach my support box to the bottom. this allows me to install it on the oil pan as its suspended from the hoist then i slowly let it down on the rollable base. buy the biggest wheels you are willing to pay for (that's where the $ gets spent). i used a tablesaw to make my cuts and a dado blade to inset the sides for added rigidity. make the ends longer as shown for lateral support. i've included photos of two recent stands and one of my earlier stands awaiting its own engine for storage. hope this helps

post-260-13667560303022_thumb.jpg

post-260-1366756030518_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667560307353_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667560309433_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I had an old bed frame sitting around. Until I fing some wheel, I keep it on a moving pallet.

Stand1.jpg

Stand2.jpg

Stand3.jpg

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing.