• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Out from the street arose such a clatter I sprung from my

dfureyo2's

sleep to see what in the fuck was the matter. never in my years have I seen such a crash. My Wife, Myself, Our roomate and his girlfriend were all fetting ready for bed. We ran out to see the mayhem and it is ugly.

The drunk driver in the nissan altima sped up my street and stopped in the rear seat of my roommate Jacob's PARKED Toyota Landcruiser(now a land bruiser),which in turn landed the entire front of the bruiser on my trunk,which pushed me over his motorcycle.Whew!

So, we here in monterey have a military facilty which houses many young soldiers who spend their friday and saturday nights geting shitfaced at the local pubs. The officers pulled him out and he didnt evenknow what had happened. They pulled out beer bottles as well. Both mine and my roomates cars were parked in gear with e-brakes on. We were estimated to have been pushed 21 feet . Don't know how fast you have to be going to push a heavy beast of a landcruiser+2002+motorcycle 21 feet, but I know that it was a bit over the limit. My wife, roommate and his girlfriend had to start making jokes. It was either that or kill the guy. I was happy to see his ass on the frying pan and I was reluctant to share the back seat of a cop car with him. We snapped some pictures, with a dash of humor for good measure. So here are the pictures

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anybody gone through this before? How in the hell do I go about getting a fair and accurate claim on my tii? How can I extract all of the goodies without any hassle?any advice appreciated. Time to go cry myself to sleep

david

David Furey

73 02(3rd generation)

73 tii RIP

68 1602 little screamer

Guest Anonymous

Did this happen close to Sloat? I used to live in PG and my ex lives in Monterey now. I'm sure I'll hear about it... she's a cop for Salinas PD.

That SUCKS! I would have killed him. The "he needed killin'" defense would be justified. Take your time and go to a shop that you like. Insurance companies (assuming he insured) cannot force u into any particular shop. They may well total it and then u can buy it back, etc. Do not accept what they offer until you are satisfied. Get a rental on their dime and keep it until all is settled. F1reverb will have more detailed and better advice I'm sure. Check with bayarea 02 guys? Check with Dubois.

Good luck!

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I'd bet they're going to demote him, confine him, and put him on extra duty for starters. That is of course after he's done with all the local cops, courts, and you.

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Guest Anonymous
Out of curriosity was it a blue or red sticker on his windshield? I have contacts with people in that base. Particularly if he was a student, I have contacts with that unit.

Coulda been yellow, like the one I got. Still working on blue. :)

I bet it was a DLI student. So more than likely red.

Guest Anonymous

I feel so bad for you. You have no idea how much bullshit that guy just caused. The best part about it for you is that there is no way they can try to pin it on you. Do you have full coverage? If so it will make your life a lot easier.

-Eric

Guest Anonymous

I Found out that the kid is only 20 and is a DLI student. Bummer for him, sounds like his bad choices are gonna nail his ass to the wall for a very long time.I have to find out if he was being served at a bar and if so, which one. We'll see.

David

I recently went through this.

Read this story and if I can provide advice, don't hesitate to ask.

http://bmwturbos.scottiesharpe.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2148

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

My god that really sucks.

Guy must of been flying to ball up a landcruiser that bad and push it that hard into a 02...

Best of luck with the insurance co's...

If more power is better then way too much is just enough.

"Why do it once when you can do it thrice!"