• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you think the car is worth it?

bmwman

... if you can live with an automatic!. Ad implies the factory rebuilt motor has 26K miles on it. And a rust free and running car, I expect it will meet the buy it now price. Cannot tell the quality of the paint job, though.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Initially I thought 'no way', however it has been driven by the previous owner for nearly twenty years. Assuming he's not selling it to get rid of a headache, I imagine it will likely be a very reliable car. Personally I could never get past the automatic transmission, but that's just me.

For comparison's sake, my '74 cost me $1600. There is no rust in the typical areas, it came with a Weber 32/36 and some other common '02 upgrades, 155 psi compression across all four, a sunroof, and has been a rock-solid daily driver for the last five months. The engine is very strong and it starts every time. No A/C, but I rarely use A/C in any of my cars due to the parasitic hp loss and the stress it places on the engine. Here's a pic the PO took a few weeks before I bought it. The oxidation you see on the paint is gone now, thanks to lots of polishing.

My02b.jpg

I suppose it is a lot tougher to find rust-free '02s out your way. Might actually be a decent deal for you afterall.

Jason

1974 Malaga 2002 daily driver

It looks OK. I'd have to drive it before I could think of bidding. The auto.trans. is a downer for me. It means I would have to spend some money quickly to put in a 5-speed -- which is great but costs money. If you can see it up close then you can tell what else needs to be done to it. There is always a lot more that needs attention than the seller will tell you about and a lot more than is readily apparent after a quick look-see. Hope you can budget some $$ for some fixes immed. after buying the car as something will need work once you take it home. No reason that it couldn't be a great car though, just check everything very thoroughly. It could be costly later if you miss some things..... JIM

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz