• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glovebox restoration

16 hours ago, VWScott said:

bought the kit

Nicely done! What kit did you use, nylon or rayon? Color? 

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

2 hours ago, OldRoller said:

Nicely done! What kit did you use, nylon or rayon? Color? 

Nylon,charcoal grey. My .02 on this-the pumper or applicator if you will just didnt work well at all. Not sure why. I just ended up dumping all the contents into the glovebox and shook it around. I lost a lot of the fuzzies because of that and had none left. A little bummed at that point because yes I got coverage but I was expecting a nice thick fuzzy surface and mine was more like a burr cut. Secondly the fibers were all clumped when you receive them. You have  to sift them through a screen first. I didnt pay attn when I ordered my kit but maybe the more expensive one was the way to go.Not sure.After letting it sit for a day to dry I was a little less critical of the results.It's a glovebox after all. I think the pic shows the results well. I did price EIS for the job. They want $150 for the job. My car is nice but not Pebble Beach nice if you know what I mean. The color is what I wanted and it is a far cry from where it was. YRMV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002