• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 1800 4 speed synchro

Where are you located?

I would call Jack Fahuna at Pro Bimmers, he’s in LaLaLand

Ed Z

• Thanks 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Looking at realoem it shows these two four speed - I'm not familiar enough with either to know which one is considered the short necked model. From what I see in the parts manual, the bottom-most of the two transmissions was in the ti and TiSA. If that's what you're looking for I have the part number (and have a couple that are earmarked for my transmission should it need them - but I'm happy to use a Faro arm to get you a 3D model basic dimensions if having those would allow you to have them made.) 

Screenshot_20240224-225450.png.dfc927e38278a6dceee8b5355f152476.png

Barrett 

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

5 hours ago, BarrettN said:

Looking at realoem it shows these two four speed - I'm not familiar enough with either to know which one is considered the short necked model. From what I see in the parts manual, the bottom-most of the two transmissions was in the ti and TiSA. If that's what you're looking for I have the part number (and have a couple that are earmarked for my transmission should it need them - but I'm happy to use a Faro arm to get you a 3D model basic dimensions if having those would allow you to have them made.) 

Screenshot_20240224-225450.png.dfc927e38278a6dceee8b5355f152476.png

Barrett 

the longer gearbox was fitted to all NK up to around '66, when it was replaced with the shorter getrag with the porsche synchros. The early box had a one piece prop with a giubo at each end. I think i'd be on the look out for a replacement box Greg, not sure if the later 2002 4 speed was the same length with the same output flange??

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Thanks so much for your reply and generous offer to develop an engendering drawing.  I think there may be other details needed for a machine shop to produce one, the one that comes to mind is the hardness of the steel.  When I look up the numbers I do see some of those synchro's do have an application to some 2002's. The old number is 23231630122, that number was replaced with 23231200958.  

I am considering swapping the 4th gear synchro with the 2nd gear synchro. The 4th gear would have less wear since there would be no down shifting using it. 

I'll keep you posted as things develop. Here in the Northeast I'm about 2 months away from road conditions (roads clean of salt) from getting the 1800 on the road.