• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunroof car, dome light question

PapaG

I have rebuilt the dome light support  on my '76 sunroof car and it now looks like the photo below - except for the four little tabs (this photo is from my2002tii.com). My dome light mount was in the trunk when I got the car, full of holes, beat up and dismantled - what do the four little tabs do, hold a piece of foam? Any pics of this properly assembled would be greatly appreciated.

F20B69EE-A0BF-4367-AD16-E33289D8CB85.jpeg

Probably a good picture on Keith's site.  I haven't looked at it in awhile.  Good searching.

Don

WWW.MY2002TII.COM

My 1974 BMW 2002tii restoration project, including details, photographs, lessons learned and more

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

The (4) clips fastened to the board secure the first headliner bow.

My 69 when I first did the headliner.  Note you must pierce holes in the headliner bow pocket (only for this location) to secure the headliner to the board.

IMG_2475.jpeg

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

2 hours ago, beammmer said:

Probably a good picture on Keith's site.  I haven't looked at it in awhile.  Good searching.

Don

WWW.MY2002TII.COM

My 1974 BMW 2002tii restoration project, including details, photographs, lessons learned and more

I printed out that section for my reference.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

2 hours ago, jgerock said:

Note you must pierce holes in the headliner bow pocket (only for this location) to secure the headliner to the board.

I would NEVER have guessed that. Thanks so much Jim!