• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going from 13 inch Alpina wheel to 15 inch Alpina Wheel

3 hours ago, uai said:

It really seems as if there's a big difference if you're west or east of the atlantic.
I know of 4 places a front wheel rubs 
Front lip 
Fender lip
Wheel well at the a pillar
Inside wheel well when on full lock
So in general all cars used for racing with 7" or 8" wide wheels have to bend if not cut back the front lip and move their wheel well in front of the a pillars a bit back.
I don't understand why this isn't necessary in the US? 
Not being that lowered - don't think so
Not driven that hard - might be - but don't think so
If we west of the atlantic comply with TÜV and BMW rules we have to use differents offsets as the trackwidth may not be changed very much. But that doesn't explain why you don't have rubbing on the inner wheel wells on full lock with the high offsets you're running.

Have to agree, I've never had any luck with E21 offset rims, I couldnt be bothered to creep over curbs or tram rails at 1,5mph...The math may provide a different answer, but I took the school of hard knocks twice on 13's and 15's...not going to try a third time. I only have e30 rims on my shelf now.

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight