• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Core Valve

takeyourmarx

6 hours ago, bergie33 said:

Are you looking for the heater core or the valve? What year? There are larger valves and smaller valves? 

I’ll simply add you need to match the heater valve size to the heater core size.  IIRC, the change to the larger size occurred in 1971.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

14 hours ago, takeyourmarx said:

Ideally working unless I can be pointed toward a rebuild kit, but they seem hard to find.

Rebuilding my box the PO yanked out and it does not have the core.

Willing to a pay a fair price, but trying not to spend a fortune on a new one. Thanks

I think I have a late model valve I can sell.  PM me.

• Like 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

3 hours ago, man_mark_7 said:

Is this just so the valve ID matches the heater core ID for ease of plumbing or is there another reason they need to match?

ID and OD need to match.  Outlet stub on back of cylinder head and return pipe alongside of engine block also need to match valve and core, BUT you can mix and match them if required.

My 69 has early valve and core.  72 engine now has smaller outlet stub and reducer fitting for return pipe.

• Like 3

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

13 hours ago, bergie33 said:

Are you looking for the heater core or the valve? What year? There are larger valves and smaller valves? 

My fault. I'm looking for the valve specifically for a 1973. The core measures 18mm OD so pretty confident its orginal to the car. And from what I understand that is the larger valve.

• Like 1