• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying belt line trim part number 68' 1600

Go to solution Solved by Mike Self,

• Solution
Posted (edited)

The stud plate is P/N 5113640145.  Those stud plates used to come in two versions, short and long, but IIRC the only ones available now are the long ones, so you have to trim a few mm off each end to use them on the curved sections of the beltline trim.  As for the washer, it appears there's both a flat washer and a lock washer.  The easy way is to take your stud plate down to the hardware sstore and find the proper size washers.  I believe those studs are 3mm

As best I can tell from the parts book, the part numbers for the two washes are 07119931015 for the flat washer, and 071199333017 for the lock washer.  A hardware store is gonna be easier...

AFAIK all 2002s used these same stud plates; give Blunt or Max a call and they can fix you up with the correct part.  

mike

Edited by Mike Self
  • Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up taking this advice and just grabbed the washers from Ace. They had a big enough selection that I was able to find some that worked. Didn't even need to trim the posts down either.