• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VINTAGE 2023 HOTEL

Rich

Hi all, I will not be able to join the caravan driving from Boston down to the Vintage next week. Unfortunately, while driving my 72 02 last Saturday the shifter linkage / platform came loose and now I am left sitting there with my stick shift in my hand. ( no pun intended ) So I have a hotel reservation at the Clarion Inn Ashville for next Thursday, Friday and Saturday, if anyone wants it please let me know or I will cancel it next week. Thanks Richard

My shift linkage came apart while returning to the Clarion from the Vintage group drive several years ago. With help from a few generous 2002ers (Clay Weiland, Paul Wegweiser, Jim Gerock, Marshall Lytle) I got it back together on the side of the road in a rain storm. If your current working conditions are equal or better, here’s hoping you’ll get it fixed and make it to the Vintage. It’s always worth the trip. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”