• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model 1800 Steering Wheel for Sale

bavariaboy

Price: $400

Description:

Selling a steering wheel for an 1800 in very good condition. All the parts needed to bolt on to your car. Chrome ring in excellent condition. No visible cracks in the plastic wheel when mounted(see photos). Two small cracks on the underside. See photos.  Please contact me if you want more photos or have questions.

Price:  $400. + shipping

Steve ONeill

20230328_112853_resized.jpg

20230328_113144_resized (1).jpg

20230328_112934_resized.jpg

20230328_113214_resized.jpg

20230328_113227_resized.jpg

20230328_113227_resized.jpg

So I am on the East Coast you are on the West. That significantly impcts shipping.

Went to a local Fedex shipper. Sticker shock.  Their box, packing materials and packing via Fedex: $188.

If I got a carton and packed for them it would be $155.

So I Picked up a roll of bubble wrap, $11. but it won't begin to fill the space. I will "wrap" the wheel in an inner protective cardboard box  and pack it with bubble wrap and crumpled newspaper. Or, I can buy "popcorn" to fill the box.

I found a large carton the 18" diameter wheel will would fit in and be fully protected, in back of a local shopping center. Took the wheel only to my local PO. I gave them some approx measurements but none quite as large as the carton I found. I thought about cutting it down but don't want to risk damage to the wheel in a slightly smaller pkg. 

I won't know until tomorrow when I have wheel boxed what the PO price with $400. insurance will be.

I have not shipped anything this large in quite a while. Perhaps you have and are not surprised.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Steve

54 minutes ago, bavariaboy said:

Went to a local Fedex shipper. Sticker shock.

The Cadillac of shipping.  Box it up, go to https://www.pirateship.com/, create a free account, put the address, box dimensions, weight and any additional insurance in the shipping form.  The application will give you rates for UPS or USPS.  Print the label, put it it on the box, drop it off at the PO or the nearest UPS store.  Save 50% off the retail rates for shipping.

Mark92131

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

you are being screw on shipping charges...i shipped one of those wheel via UPS for about $30...you may be overkill with your packing

52 minutes ago, Mark92131 said:

Box it up, go to https://www.pirateship.com/, create a free account, put the address, box dimensions, weight and any additional insurance in the shipping form. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 5/8/2023 at 11:47 AM, gfabbott said:

Just a heads up to anyone on this chain, I received a DM from daveeast to contact *****@*****.tld. *****@*****.tld pops up as a scam on a lot of auto threads. 

That is not the seller on this post. What user contacted you? 

Steve 

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store