• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air intake snorkel on 2000 tilux

phugley

I am wondering if there are any 2000 tiluxes out there with original panels to do a small survey.  02tom and I have been having a discussion about whether all tiluxes have no air intake snorkel in the nose panel, similar to the 2002 ti and tii, or whether variation occurred.  I maintain that my engine bay was original enough when I bought my car, based on scruffy original paint, the presence of the "roofing material" sound deadening on the inner fenders, and no overspray or masking lines, and it does have the air intake and is a genuine tilux.  Comments appreciated....

Alex

Following; I'm also interested in addition to the 2000tilux and 2000ti if there are any 1800ti or 2000tii that care to weigh in if anyone knows what original to these cars.

My front panel on my 68 2000tilux was crushed in at some point, with the last inspection sticker on the windshield was from 1982, so I surmise that the nose could be original. It doesn't have the opening in the radiator support for to cold air intake, though I didn't strip the paint to see what's under it.

Very difficult to be sure the front panel is original on 50+ year old cars.

Anyway here are some models:

1967 Without

http://www.oldtimermaasland.be/oldtimers/bmw-2000-tilux/#prettyPhoto

1968 Without

BMW-2000-Tilux_1968-rfq.jpg
REMEMBERROAD.COM

History originally published in AutoWeek April 11, 1983 Find the roughest road you know: 40-year-old concrete, cracked, broken and rudely patched. Knife-edge ridges and holes. A road that rattles and shakes the torque out of every nut and...

1968 With

1969 Without

http://www.oldtimermaasland.be/oldtimers/bmw-2000-tilux-2/

1969 Without

WWW.PROXIBID.COM

EZ 02.1969, 1977 cc, 88kW - 120hp, manual, restored, blue-metallic, sunroof, tuner / radio, anthracite, Odometer reading: 8100 Km, service and all new fluids in 2017. Six months after the presentation of the coupe BMW 2000 CA (Type 120) appeared in early 1966, the four-door...

Edited by 325ix86
  • Thanks 1