• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BayArea02 Swap and Show -   - 05/06/2023 09:00 AM

steve k.

• Administrators

Event Title: BayArea02 Swap and Show

Event Location: 
Event Author: steve k.
Event Date: 05/06/2023 09:00 AM

BayArea 02 Swap & Show, 6 May 2023, Marina at Brisbane, California. Please pre-register on Motorsportreg.  Preregistration is $25 until 30 April, while the on-site fee on 6 May will be $30.  Graphic artist Kile Brekke designed our T-shirts and printed materials again this year; they look excellent!   Please pre-register early to help us plan.  We will have a named bag for each pre-registrant, so our closing date is slightly earlier than some years to help us organize.

Note— Swap & Show visitors are welcome!  If you do not show your car or swap parts, there is No Fee for entry.  But we encourage anyone with a BMW of our vintage to bring your car to display, no matter how beautiful your restoration or how mundane the dirt and rust on your daily driver (some photographers can make the rust and dirt very photogenic— check out photos from previous years!).  Swap & Show does not judge your car, so there will be no points for extra dirt, missing dirt, matching luggage, or concours-ready shine.  We smile at all BMWs, and photographs or videos are welcome (but NO drones over cars)!

Bay Area 02 Swap and SHow 2023

BayArea02 Swap and Show

• Like 3

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

Thank you to all of you who participated in Swap & Show-2023 at the Brisbane Marina on 6 May.  I enjoyed the show as did all others I spoke to there.  We had about 80 cars, less than last year most likely due to predicted rain.  Although I encountered rain as I drove from the East Bay, it stopped as I-80 changed into US-101 and only appeared in Brisbane for a few brief drizzles.

I saw many of you with clearly serious cameras, plus the ubiquitous cellphones, taking both photos for future calendars and snapshots to share. Please share them at [Photos at Swap&Show-23], a gallery Steve Kupper created for us.  It's a lot easier to find your and everyone else's photos if they are grouped together in one gallery.  Thank you-- let's see how you captured the Show by the Bay!

Larry

• Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

The weather wasn't all that bad, I probably could have made it in my 02 but didn't want to chance it with no windshield wipers or working heater. I'm glad I made it even if my 02 and my father with the truck load of parts to sell didn't. Got a better chance to check out other people's cars and catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

Thank you to Larry and everyone that puts this show together and make it a day I look forward to every year!

Hopefully next year the weather will be better and we can get over 130 02's like predicted.

Edited by 2002iii

• Administrators

Great show!  ByaRea02 folks did a great job once again putting this together. The rain did scare some people away. After 10 am, everything was clear and not as cold or windy as in the past. Due to the very high winds last year, I decided to put our tent in the parking lot. What do people think? Is it better for us to be on the grass or in the lot?

I did not get to walk around too much as I was stuck at our booth as I did not have helpers this year. They came and helped set up and then the skating lessons for our daughter took them away for the rest of the show. 

Thank you for stopping by and buying some merch or getting a beer. 

So some photos at 

If you have some, please upload them. It is great for future reference. 

Steve K.

• Like 2

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

A great show. Barely got to look at the cars because it was a great day to catch up with friends. The people are what make this show. Thank you to the organizers!! Will post my photos soon. 

Didn't need to do an "on the field" repair this year, I got that out of the way on my way up the coast!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Hi Everybody,

Thank you Larry, Matt, Matthew, Gill, Derek, Kelly, and Kile for putting on a fabulous show once again.  My car and I didn't appreciate the rain, but photographically I think it made for more interesting pictures.  I also didn't have windshield wipers but I can tell you Rain-X worked perfectly.  In any case, I just uploaded 70 of my pictures from the day to the BayArea02 Swap & Show 2023 Gallery.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver